If you are injured as a result of a violent crime, then you have the right to claim criminal injury compensation to cover the expenses and losses that you suffer as a result. If the violent crime occurred while you were at work, then you may be able to claim from your employer. However, failing this, you can claim directly from the guilty party or to claim from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

If you are injured as the result of a violent crime that occurred while you were at work, or while you were conducting your work, then it may be possible to claim against your employer. They are required to ensure that you are safe while at work, but this is only usually a viable claim option if it can be proven that your employer subjected you to an unnecessary or foreseeable risk.

It is also possible to claim directly from the person responsible for committing the violent crime. However, even if it can be proven that the other party was guilty for the crime, and your solicitor can successfully argue that you are entitled to compensation to cover your losses, it is unlikely that the other party will pay the compensation. What’s more, if the perpetrator is not found or not charged, you may be unable to successfully claim this way.

The more likely means of claiming criminal injury compensation is to claim from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. This is a government backed group that pays compensation to victims of violent crime. This is the most common means of seeking compensation in these types of case, and is the one that is most likely to yield positive results, but your personal injury solicitor will be able to discuss the options with you in order to determine which is best in your case.

The compensation that you are entitled to should cover a loss of earnings, any other financial losses and costs that you suffer as a direct result of your injuries, and damages for the physical and emotional hardship that you suffered as a result of the violent crime. Your solicitor will work with you to ensure that you submit a claim for a suitable level of compensation.

What To Do Now?

No matter what your legal problem or at what stage it is, there is never a better time to call Haworth & Lees Solicitors than right now.

Our team of dedicated and highly professional Solicitors are always available for you. You will not have to deal with a paralegal or a legal case worker as your point of contact will be with a qualified and experienced Solicitor who will know the details and progress of your case.

Haworth & Lees Solicitors are a well established and highly respected firm of Solicitors in Tameside and Cheshire and offer that personal and local service that is always appreciated by our clients.

Getting in contact with Haworth & Lees could not be simpler. You can call on 0161 660 2923 or click here to send a confidential email.

We look forward to hearing from you.